Meet the Team
Our 5Fostering Team are in East Sussex and cover the South East. If you can see yourself as part of the team contact us.
Rob Edworthy –
I have worked
with children since 1983; from crèche manager to teacher, head teacher, leader
of ‘Every Child Matters’, LACs and Child Protection as a director of a local FE
College. I achieved a B.Ed.(hons) and an MA in Social Work. I have also been a
foster carer for 16yrs and worked with ‘troubled families’ in the Hastings and
I enjoy motorcycling and sailing
- Managing director- I am the leader of the team at 5Fostering! I liaise with carers,
local authorities and social workers in order to provide carers, children
and young people with the best possible outcomes.
- Safeguarding officer - I’m the safeguarding and child protection lead.
- Health and Safety officer - I maintain the welfare of the
5team, staff and volunteers.
- Training support - I support the organisation and delivering of training.
Katie Edworthy -
I started my
career as an art teacher with a B.Ed. (hons), which then lead to becoming a
foster carer in 1997 which I did until 2016. I have attended and delivered
countless training courses relating to fostering, including; attachment theory,
safer caring, resilience, physical intervention and the CWDC Foster Carer’s
I enjoy painting and visiting art exhibitions
- Financial director - Overall strategic financial director.
- Training leader - I organise the training programme and deliver the training
- Consultant - I am the key person responsible for foster carer support and
Harry Edworthy -
Senior Manager (Business)
Graduate in Business and Management.
I have been a member of a fostering family for most
of my life. I have been a key member in starting 5Fostering and am in charge of
I enjoy cycling, motorcycling, photography and long walks
with Jess (office dog) .
- Liaising with Local Authorities - I organise and match
fostering placements with carers.
- Advertising and Marketing - I am the lead for the publicity and
promotion for 5Fostering.
- Recruitment - I manage the recruitment steps for new foster carer candidates.
Sarah Errington – Administrator
Jess - Office Dog
I am a rescue dog from the RSPCA. I was found as a stray dog but am now living with the best family ever who love me lots and give me lots of treats and attention. I enjoy distracting the rest of the team and taking people for walks.
- Stress relief and comfort
- To sit in front of the fire and chill out while the people all work hard
- Welcoming people with wagging tails
Can you see yourself as part of our team?
Contact us to find out how you can become a foster carer