Meet the Team
Our 5Fostering Team are in East Sussex and cover the South East. If you can see yourself as part of the team contact us.
Rob Edworthy –
I have worked
with children since 1983; from crèche manager to teacher, head teacher, leader
of ‘Every Child Matters’, LACs and Child Protection as a director of a local FE
College. I achieved a B.Ed.(hons) and an MA in Social Work. I have also been a
foster carer for 16yrs and worked with ‘troubled families’ in the Hastings and
I enjoy motorcycling and sailing
- Managing director- I am the leader of the team at 5Fostering! I liaise with carers,
local authorities and social workers in order to provide carers, children
and young people with the best possible outcomes.
- Safeguarding officer - I’m the safeguarding and child protection lead.
- Health and Safety officer - I maintain the welfare of the
5team, staff and volunteers.
- Training support - I support the organisation and delivering of training.
Katie Edworthy -
I started my
career as an art teacher with a B.Ed. (hons), which then lead to becoming a
foster carer in 1997 which I did until 2016. I have attended and delivered
countless training courses relating to fostering, including; attachment theory,
safer caring, resilience, physical intervention and the CWDC Foster Carer’s
I enjoy painting and visiting art exhibitions
- Financial director - Overall strategic financial director.
- Training leader - I organise the training programme and deliver the training
- Consultant - I am the key person responsible for foster carer support and
Graduate in Business and Management.
I have been a member of a fostering family for most
of my life. I have been a key member in starting 5Fostering and am in charge of
I enjoy cycling, motorcycling, photography and long walks
with Jess (office dog) .
I am currently on secondment in Canada and plan to return to 5fostering when I am back in the U.K.
- Liaising with Local Authorities - I organise and match
fostering placements with carers.
- Advertising and Marketing - I am the lead for the publicity and
promotion for 5Fostering.
- Recruitment - I manage the recruitment steps for new foster carer candidates.
Derek Hall - Senior Social Worker
Sarah Errington- Administrator
Dee Martin - Administrator
I joined the team as a full time Administrator in September 2017 after working for the past 10 years or so for the NHS.
My current role is busy, varied and no two days are ever the same.
I enjoy my Pug Ronnie, interior design, reading, music & photography
Liaising with Local Authorities - I organise and match fostering placements with carers.Auditing paperwork - I audit both the staff & foster carers folders and ensure they are up to date.Minuting meetings - I minute staff meetings, senior management meetings and panel meetings.DBS checks - I complete all DBS applications. Marketing - I update social media (Facebook) and the 5fostering website
Jess - Office Dog
I am a rescue dog from the RSPCA. I was found as a stray dog but am now living with the best family ever who love me lots and give me lots of treats and attention. I enjoy distracting the rest of the team and taking people for walks.
I am currently on secondment too (not in Canada) but as they miss me so much in the office I plan to visit them in the near future!
- Stress relief and comfort
- To sit in front of the fire and chill out while the people all work hard
- Welcoming people with wagging tails
Ronnie - Office Dog
I am a cheeky little Pug that has been living by the sea since I was just 9 weeks old. I have a wonderful life, get lots of attention and lots of cuddles. I am very friendly and confident & love playing with other dogs.
I am 'standing in' on a part basis whilst Jess (who is much better behaved than me) is on her sabbatical
I am 'meant' to bring 'stress relief and comfort' but being a 'young lad' means I am still very lively & boisterous
Can you see yourself as part of our team?
Contact us to find out how you can become a foster carer